SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 8 November 2021

DMC THREAD COMPARISON AND FREE PATTERN 003

DMC embroidery thread comparison

Today, I am comparing various DMC threads. I love how economical crochet threads are, but unfortunately, this is not the case with embroidery threads. I love to use Petra cotton thread for any chunky designs, like I did with pattern 002. I think Petra would be best for any upholstery designs, but also pillow covers and throws. 

Here, I embroider them all on one hoop, comparing Petra in size 5 and 3, as well as stranded cotton 6 and 3 strands.

Which flower is your favourite? 


DMC embroidery thread comparison

DMC embroidery thread comparison

DMC embroidery thread comparison

DMC embroidery thread comparison

You can also watch this tutorial and thread comparison video on my channel, just click the image below ↓

DMC embroidery thread comparison

If you like this pattern - you can download it here ↓

DMC embroidery thread comparison

Later, in Part 2, I was embroidering roses (woven wheel stitch) and leaves (fishbone stitch). Just like in the previous video, I have compared various DMC threads - Petra in size 5 (pink rose) and in size 3 (red rose), as well as stranded cotton 6 strands (light mint) - all double folded.

To watch part 2 on my channel - click image below

DMC embroidery thread comparison

DMC embroidery thread comparison

Post a Comment