SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 18 February 2022

Beginner's Guide to Embroidery

beginner's guide to embroidery

I wanted to create a little, visual guide for beginners. One, that I wish I had, when I took up embroidery again, first time since childhood.

There are many more options available these days, more threads, fabrics, colours.. But, it is also, easier to get lost, when in fact you don't need to spend much to start. You can barely spend anything to be honest, if you use some old fabrics and get just a handful of yarns in few colours.
Sometimes you can even get free yarn, if you search for it, at your local marketplace.
One hoop is also enough to use over and over, unless you want to use it, as a wall frame for each new design, then buying in bulk might be a better option.
In terms of fabric, I usually buy half a meter, in few colours and that lasts me ages. ❀ In the video I use the DMC brand and various fabrics bought on ebay. This video was not sponsored, and everything was purchased with my own money. ❀ In the video guide, you will find the following: ❀ The Pattern 00:09 ❀ Design Transfer 00:42 ❀ Hoops & Frames 00:58 ❀ Thread 02:15 • Stranded Cotton 03:13 • Pearl Cotton 04:34 • Petra Cotton 05:37 ❀ Fabric 07:41 ❀ Needles & Useful Extras 08:48
Hope you like this little embroidery guide. :)


beginner's guide to embroidery

Post a Comment